Currently, all new arrivals to Thailand must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days in an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotel.
This regulation, placed into law for the foreseeable future, has made travel to Thailand quite difficult for many people who are unsure how to find a good ASQ hotel where they can fulfill their mandatory quarantine.
We have had many readers send us emails and messages asking about ASQ facilitates, leading to the creation of our Thailand Alternative State Quarantine Hotels review section.
Here you will find honest and unbiased reviews for Thai government approved ASQ locations which you can book as one of the requirements for entering Thailand.
Thailand Travel Restrictions
As it stands, there are several criteria that you must meet in order to travel to Thailand. These include:
- Matching one of the approved categories of travelers allowed to enter Thailand
- Obtaining a Certificate of Entry (COE)
- Having COVID insurance coverage of at least USD 100,000
- Proof of negative COVID-19 test result
- Obtaining a fit-to-fly certification
- Booking an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotel to fulfill the mandatory 14-day quarantine on arrival
You can read the latest requirements in full in our COVID Insurance Requirements and Updates guide.
Booking An Alternative State Quarantine Hotel
There are two options for booking an ASQ Hotel in Thailand. The first is to book directly with the hotel. After paying a deposit (or in some cases the full quarantine package fee), they will provide you with a reservation confirmation.
The second option is to use the hotel booking website, Agoda, which has partnered with the Thai government to offer quarantine packages in approved hotels. There are advantages to using this method including:
- Free cancellations and no-commitment reservations
- Heavily discounted quarantine stay rates
- Verified customer reviews to help you decide
- Instant confirmation once a reservation is made